Thursday, February 6, 2014

The Vintage Remix






   


Vintage Remix: the vest // When people ask me about how big my wardrobe is,... 
CLICK BELOW FOR MORE  
 I begin with, "well, I've pretty much been the same size since high school!".  Then I don't feel so bad about the size of my wardrobe.  But the truth is, I really do have a lot of clothes that date back to high school.  

If I truly love an item from my wardrobe, I hold on to it and actually wear it over the YEARS...yes, years! I've noticed that if the piece is classic, timeless, quality, stylish, not fashion trendy (get it)...then I can wear it over AND over AND over the years.  And, yes, while my taste, the seasons, and looks have changed, a classic piece will always stand the test of time and adapt to whatever the "new look" is at the moment.  



// Style //
// Blazer // Anne Klein
// Vest // Ann Taylor (vintage)
// Blouse // Kate Hill via Lord & Taylor
// Pants //  Banana Republic
// Shoes // Jessica Simpson

// Worn //
From work to after work event. ColorComm Networking Event at the Haitian Embassy in Washington, DC.  ColorComm brings together women of color that work in the communications field.  The guest speaker for the evening was Karen Finney, MSNBC Political Commentator and host of Disrupt with Karen Finney.  Paul Altidor, the ambassador of Haiti to the US, opened the reception with warm remarks to the audience, encouraging them to visit the embassy more, and learn of Haiti's culture outside of the highly publicized 2010 earthquake that hit the land.

// Styled //
// Capris and Heels //  Short people shouldn't wear capris?  Screw that!  Add an open heel and instantly your legs are elongated!    
// Vest and Blazer //  I LOVE mixing prints and colors!  Try it!  If it doesn't work, take it off and try again!
// Silk and Velvet //  I also LOVE mixing textures!  And velvet and silk are so soft and sexy; why wouldn't they be a match made in fabric heaven.   

. . . F O L L O W   M E . . .


Leanila Style
{where art + style meet}
{style} Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest | Tumblr | Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment